CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 8, 2008

{a simple woman's daybook ~ journal entry}

FOR TODAY August 4, 2008






Outside my window...is the cool evening air that I am so thankfully taking in. I'm actually writing this on Sunday evening. For no reason other than that I am so thoroughly enjoying sitting on the screened in porch that I thought it would be a perfect time to reflect by writing this post.



I am thankful for...this laptop. That seems like such a material thing to be thankful for, but this beloved machine coupled with wireless internet has provided hours upon hours upon days of entertainment and enjoyment for me while moving around very much isn't quite easy.



From the kitchen...I've been enjoying hamburgers cooked on the grill by my cutie-pie husband. This week, we've nibbled on inhaled dinners lovingly prepared for our family by my mom, my grandma, and my friend Christina. Thanks so much everyone!



I am wearing...my usual wardrobe of late. If I'm not in jammies, I've got on a comfy T-shirt and a pair of knit/yoga-type pants. Tonight it is the latter choice. Jeans or fitted shorts are out of the question due to the cast.



I am creating...nothing right now. But I've spied with my little eyes a darling fall project in the blogosphere that I plan on making this week. Check out my picture thought at the bottom of this post for a pic and a link! :)



I am going...to be staying at home, mostly. But any outing I am priveliged to enjoy is surely a time of celebration!



I am reading...Pride & Prejudice. Halelujah! I shared in a previous daybook entry that despite majoring in English in college, I never did read any of Jane Austen's masterpieces. I have since begun to remedy that malady. (Wow...that sentence was a little much). I started with Northanger Abbey and was not disappointed. My sister, found a compilation of 3 of Ms. Austen's works whilst she was cleaning her room the other day. This same sister made persuaded me to watch the long PBS version of the movie several years ago. Be still my heart. I still love Colin Firth to this day thanks to his role as Mr. Darcy. Thanks babe (sister of mine & Mr. Darcy)! I sure do appreciate it!



I am hoping...to get some things checked off of my list. Things I CAN do, like organize the pantry (with a little help), and write some thank you notes.



I am hearing...the wonderful noises that happen outside in the evening while sitting on my back porch in the summer. Around here it still feels like summer during the day. But it is about 8:30pm, so it is nice and cool out here now. Did I mention how much I am enjoying myself on my screened porch?!!



A picture thought I'd like to share...






(Go here to visit Cherry's Jubilee, whom I've shamlessly borrowed this picture from.)



For more, go here.

3 love notes to me!:

Chambers Clan said...

That project looks like fun! You are amazing with your computer know-how. That sounds so nice to have a screened porch! I'm hoping to get some shade in our backyard someday...We have the patio, now we just need the roof. That will be a project and a half for us to tackle! I have been asking since we moved in:) Cross your fingers for me. At least it is now cooling down, and soon we will be wishing for summer again:)

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

I'm glad that you are getting downstairs a little more. I LOVE my screened in porch too...just wish I had more time to sit and relax out there. :)

Thanks for your vote! The interview went really well today so I will let ya know what happens.

As for the preschool drop-off, I'm a little worried...about me, not Abby. I'll have to hold it together long enough for her to get in the door though. She's so excited.

Lei said...

oh i am so happy to meet you! love the craft idea... LOVE!