CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 4, 2009

{my house looks cuter}

Family Room, phase 1 006

I know I haven't posted forever, but there are several people who want to see the updates we're making to our house.  And...since inquiring minds want to see, here goes...

Family Room, phase 1 001

 

Family Room, phase 1 002 Family Room, phase 1 005

 

Family Room, phase 1 003 Family Room, phase 1 007

I painted our family room Palladian Blue from Benjamin Moore, above the chair rail.  It used to be a pale, buttery yellow.  The chocolate brown was done to go with the yellow.  The brown isn't staying for good.  We're going to put in a board and batten-type wainscoting all painted crisp white. All of the trim will be painted that same crisp white.

So here are some things on the horizon for this room (besides the wainscoting):

- Drop cloth drapes

- Area rug (something like this)

- Painting the sideboard/tv stand either white or pale gray

- Spray painting the goldish color lamps (not sure what color yet...probably white or tan-ish)

- Bamboo blinds

I am LOVING how this room is turning out.  If you've seen this room in it's before state, you'll know what a huge transformation has already taken place.  Mike rocked it, installing the laminate floors on Saturday.  I'll keep updating here as we make new changes.

Just for some perspective, here are some shots of my family room BEFORE:

IMG_0196

The TV is now in front of this pass-through-window-thingy to the kitchen.  It makes the room look sooooo much larger.

P1010043 IMG_0010

3 love notes to me!:

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

WOW!!! The floor is awesome. And I'm loving the colors and the new furniture. :) Nice work!

(And nice to see you blogging again!)

Carol said...

I love it! Thanks for posting pictures. I heart wainscotting. We need to get together soon.

Eric Morris said...

Decent Home Improvement Idea!! Palladian Blue looks very elegant!!

Nice Job done!!

Thanks
Drapery Rods